In the coming weeks we will be moving all of our repeat prescriptions over to GP online services, for more information click the banner above or visit our online services page for more information
24/7 access to request your repeat medication
Ability to instantly view the real time status of your requests
Easily nominate and change your chosen pharmacy
One place to book appointments, view and request repeat medications and much more
For direct access now:
If you require regular medication for an ongoing problem you can use the right hand side of your computerised prescription to order a repeat. Alternatively you can order online via the link at the top of this page. First time users are required to complete a simple one-off registration.
Please note, to avoid dangerous mistakes we do not accept repeat prescription requests by telephone.
Most of the local chemists run a collection and delivery service for repeat prescriptions. You can sign up for the scheme at the chemist. Please note: the chemist needs your written permission to collect your prescription, please sign the forms they provide at the pharmacies.
Repeat dispensing may be available for those on stable medication. This allows you to collect regular medications from the chemist for 6 or 12 months without needing repeat prescriptions every time. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for details.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
CHEADLE MEDICAL PRACTICE PRESCRIPTION REQUEST STATEMENT
PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS WILL BE PROCESSED WITHIN TWO FULL WORKING DAYS. PROVIDING THERE ARE NO ISSUES WITH THE REQUEST THE PRESCRIPTION WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE TO EITHER THE PATIENT OR NOMINATED PHARMACY WITHIN THAT TIME FRAME
MORE COMPLEX REQUESTS OR THOSE THAT REQUIRE A GP TO REVIEW MAY TAKE LONGER.
WE ENCOURAGE PATIENTS / COMMUNITY PHARMACISTS TO ENSURE THAT REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS ARE REQUESTED IN A TIMELY MANNER TO PREVENT RUNNING OUT OF IMPORTANT MEDICATION.
IF YOU HAVE ATTENDED A HOSPITAL CLINIC AND HAVE HAND WRITTEN CONFIRMATION AND ADDITIONAL CHANGES IN YOUR MEDICATION THIS WILL AGAIN TAKE 2 WORKING DAYS TO PROCESS. IF A HOSPTIAL CONSULTANT REQUIRES IMMEDIATE CHANGE TO YOUR REGIME THE HOSPTIAL CONTRACT STATES THAT THEY SHOULD PROVIDE YOU WITH A PRESCRIPTION FOR THE MEDICATION THEMSELVES WHICH YOU CAN OBTAIN FROM THE HOSPITAL PHARMACY.
PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS FOLLOWING A PRIVATE CONSULTATION WILL AGAIN BE SUBJECT TO THE PRACTICE POLICY OF 2 FULL WORKING DAYS.
GREATER MANCHESTER MEDICINE MANAGEMENT GROUP HAVE A CLEAR POLICY FOR THESE REQUESTS:
- THE RESPONSIBILTY FOR PRESCRIBING RESTS WITH THE DOCTOR WHO HAS CLINICAL RESPONSIBILTY FOR A PARTICULAR ASPECT OF THE PATIENTS CARE
- THERE IS NO OBLIGATION ON BEHALF OF THE GP TO PRESCRIBE THE RECOMMENDED TREATMENT IF IT IS CONTRARY TO HIS/HER NORMAL PRACTICE
- IF THE PRIVATE/ CONSULTANT RECOMMENDATION DOES NOT FOLLOW NATIONAL/ LOCAL POLICY OR GMMMG FORMULARY, THE GP CAN SUBSTITUTE THE DRUG WITH A CLINICALLY APPROPRIATE MEDICATION.
- IF A PATIENT IS SEEN PRIVATELY FOR A SINGLE EPSIODE OF CARE THEN SHORT TERM MEDICATION SHOULD BE PART OF THE PACKAGE OF CARE PROVIDED.
- IF A PRIVATE CONSULTATION IDENTIFIES/ MANAGES A LONG TERM CONDITION AND THE RECOMMENDED MEDICATION FITS THE CRITERIA ABOVE THEN GP WILL PRESCRIBE.
PRIVATE PRESCRIPTION PROVIDED BY CMP
- CAN ONLY BE PROVIDED FOR NHS PATIENTS IF THE MEDICATION IS NOT PRESCRIBABLE ON THE NHS EG BLACK LIST BUT AGAIN COVERED BY GP DISCRETION
- DRUGS FOR MALARIAL PROPHYLAXIS
- ANTICIPATORY TRAVEL REMEDIES
- TRAVEL VACCINATIONS NOT COVERED BY NHS POLICY
EPS (Electronic Prescription Service)
This allows us to send your prescription directly to the pharmacy of your choice without the need to print a paper prescription.
In order to be able to use EPS, you need to choose a pharmacy, this is called a nomination. You can ask any pharmacy that offers EPS to add your nomination for you.
If you want to change or cancel your nomination, speak to your pharmacy. Tell them before your next prescription is due or your prescription may be sent to the wrong place.
If you don't want your prescription to be sent electronically, please inform a member of the reception team and you can continue to collect your prescriptions as normal.
For more information about EPS please click on the link below.
EPS Patient Information Sheet