All consultations are by appointment and should be made at reception in person, via the patient online access facility or by telephoning 0161 426 9090 during normal surgery hours. Telephones are answered between 08:00 - 13:00 and 14:00 - 18:00.
Appointments are available
Monday 08:30 - 13:00 and 14:00 - 18:00 (pre-bookable Monday evening appointments are between 18:30 and 19:40)
Tuesday 07:30 - 13:00 and 14:00 - 18:00
Wednesday and Friday 08:30 - 13:00 and 14:00 - 18:00
Thursday 08.30 to 13.00 and 14.00 to 18.00 (pre-bookable evening appointments between 18.30 and 19.40)
Saturday mornings, twice per month, 09.00 - 12:00. (doors open 08.30 to 12.30)
- Patients can book an appointment with any GP of their choice. Please let reception know who you would like to see.
- Once all routine appointments for the day have been booked, only urgent problems can be seen on that day
- All urgent cases are seen on the day. Tell us if you are in a telephone box. We will ring you back. Say immediately if your call is an emergency
- If you are booked in to see the duty doctor for an urgent on the day appointment, please be aware that the clinic may run late due to the nature of the appointments.
- If your condition is non-urgent, you may have to wait longer if you want to see a particular GP. Nurses based in our practice also treat patients for a wide range of common conditions. You may also see our advanced nurse practitioner.
- Let us know if more than one person in the family needs to be seen. We need to make separate appointments for each member of the family.
- We have appointments available each day for children who are unwell. If you are worried about your child, please contact reception who will arrange a consultation for you with the doctor. This may be done by phone initially as some conditions can be managed at home with the help of your local pharmacy.
- If you wish to have a chaperone present during an examination, please tell the GP/nurse.
- Some appointments are available to book online. Please see latest news page for details of how to register link
The doctors have a limited number of telephone slots each day. These are provided for patients who need to speak to their GP but do not necessarily need to come in for an appointment. Please give the receptionist brief details of your problem, it may be more appropriate for the local pharmacist or NHS direct to deal with your query and, if so, the reception staff will direct you to their service.
If a telephone consultation is booked with a doctor, the doctor cannot guarantee what time he or she will call you back. The doctor will only call once and if you are not in you will need to log your call again with reception.
We do not have a facility to make calls to telephones with ‘anonymous call barring’.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.
We now have a dedicated number for you to text in to cancel your appointment. The number is:
07742 230 630
Please try and cancel at least one hour before your appointment time leaving your name, date of birth and appointment details. Please note that this is for cancellations only. We will not reply to your text. We hope this will make cancelling your appointment easier and reduce the number of patients failing to attend, allowing more appointments to be available for other patients needing to be seen.