Cheadle Medical Practice Bowel Screening Campaign
CMP has a newly appointment non-clinical Cancer champion, Natalie. Natalie is specifically trying to target our ‘non-responders/non-attenders’. Her efforts so far have already increased awareness in the practice for both staff and patients!
- Freephone number: 0800 707 60 60
A new bowel cancer screening campaign is being launched to encourage people to use simple home-testing kits to spot the early signs of the illness.
One in 18 people will get bowel cancer at some point in their lives and the rates are much higher among older people. With early detection, there is a 93% chance of successful treatment.
Try the ‘bowel cancer symptom checker’ for advice on what you can try to see if your symptoms get better, and when you should see your GP to discuss whether tests are necessary.
Link to Symptom Checker (Bowel)
Taking part in bowel cancer screening reduces your chances of being affected by bowel cancer. To ensure you have all the information you need, we have put together some useful links to websites about the bowel cancer screening process, campaign and how to get involved.
- Link to Greater Manchester Bowel Movement website:
- Bowel Cancer Uk – ‘Help us to STOP bowel cancer website
- Information about bowel cancer, the campaign including detailed look at the overall process of screening
- Bowel Cancer UK Website
- NHS Choices Information
- Cancer Research UK – information about the ‘Be Clear on Cancer’ Campaign:
*Click the link below*
to see our very own Dr Gaduzo
starring in the latest Cancer Research UK Campaign !!