CHEADLE MEDICAL PRACTICE
URGENT APPOINTMENTS FOR CHILDREN
We have appointments available each day for children
who are unwell.
If you are worried about your child, please contact reception who will arrange a consultation for you with the doctor.
This consultation may be by phone initially as some conditions can be managed at home with the help of your local pharmacy .
Symptoms that children may show that could indicate serious illness include:
· Excessive drowsiness
· Difficulty breathing or rapid breathing
· Cold or discoloured hands/feet
· Abnormal pains in arms or legs
· Abnormal colour – pale or blue
· Persistently high temperature which does not come down with medication
· Severe headache
· Stiff neck when putting chin to chest
· Dislike of bright lights
· A rash that does not fade with pressure (e.g. using a glass)
If you are concerned that your child has any of the above symptoms please contact the surgery IMMEDIATELY.
IF YOUR CHILD IS NOT RESPONDING TO YOU CALL 999