Sign up to GP online services and you'll be able to use a website or app to:
- book or cancel appointments online with a GP or nurse
- order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
- view clinical correspondence such as hospital discharge summaries, outpatient appointment letters and referral letters
The service is free and available to everyone who is registered with a GP.
What the NHS App does
Use the NHS App to:
- check your symptoms
- find out what to do when you need help urgently
- book and manage appointments at your GP surgery
- order repeat prescriptions
- view your GP medical record securely
- register to be an organ donor
- choose how the NHS uses your data
If you have any issues using or downloading the app, check the NHS App help and support page. If patients cannot find the help they need on this page, they use the following link - www.nhs.uk/contact-us/nhs-app-feedback-form
We are aware of issues surrounding booking appointments using our telephones. An upgrade to our telephone system is planned. In the meantime, please feel free to book appointments via your smartphone or home computer,see how online access helped Ingrid:
How to sign-up
Visit the above links and register using your e-mail address. The system will allow you to book one appointment online PRIOR to us requiring verification of your ID. When you come to your booked appointment you will need to fill in this form and provide two forms of identification [a piece of photo ID (passport, driving licence) and something with your address on like a bank statement but not a gas or electric bill]. We will then be able to link your online patient access account to our record, giving you full access to online services.
Requests for additional access to view detailed coded information will be assessed on a case by case basis. If you already have a patient access account and would like detailed coded record access, which includes test results, adding to your account, please email your request to the practice at email@example.com. Please allow up to 2 weeks for your request to be processed.
In line with national guidance, online access for children will only be granted to parents for children under the age of 11 and will be for appointments only.
If you have any questions please speak to one of our Receptionists who will be able to help.
Patient records access information leaflet.docx
Practice Statement of Intent for Online Access
Patient Emis Access